Have you ever felt...
- Like M, F, or even FTM and MTF aren't enough? And certainly not "gay," "straight," or "queer?"
- Or that your gender changes by the minute, hour, day, or season?
- That maybe you were meant to have more than one gender?
- Ever feel that your gender isn't so clear cut? (Or that it falls right off the map?)
- Tired of hearing, "You're just confused," when you already know who you are, or, you're comfortable with not knowing?
- Does it ever bother you - or amuse you - when people say you're "too" "feminine" or "masculine," that you "look like a girl," or "a boy," whatever these words mean, with a tone that implies that that's a bad thing?
- Ever wish people would just stop asking, whether sarcastically or seriously, when you're going to start hormones, have surgery, and "transition," with the assumption that these terms automatically apply to you? (They might, but that doesn't give others the right to assume).
Our stories tell us that genderqueer and
gender non-conforming people need a safe haven, a uniquely
genderqueer, gender-defying, gender-gifted, gender
non-conforming, non-binary space. In GenderQueer Revolution
community space, no one will force you to choose a label.
No one will oppose weekly, daily, or even hourly changes of
name, pronouns, gender identity, gender expression, or
style. You can choose to "wear," play, or experiment with
any gender configuration, revel in confusion, by choice or
by circumstance, or not. Here, "genderqueer" does not mean
"trans." It may, but it doesn't have to.
Beyond Labels. Beyond Gender. Beyond Arbitrary Distinctions and Divisions...
Anyone and everyone open to their unique gendergiftedness.
Terms that may or may not fit you at any given time, perhaps today and not tomorrow, all at once, at any given moment, never, sometimes, not right now, or all the time: genderqueer, trans*(-sexual, -gender, -genderist, -vestite, -cended, -sensual, etc.), gender-gifted, genderqueerriffic, gender-fabulous, gender-plus, gender-more, gender non-conforming, non-gendered, androgyne, bi-gender, boigirl, girlboi, boygirl, girlboy, girlfag, guydyke, pansexual, polysexual, omnisexual, bisexual, transguy, transdyke, transwoman, womon, womyn, FTM, FTMTF, MTF, polygender, intergender, intersex, straight-but-not-narrow, omnigender, genderfuck, gender-variant, no-ho, no-op (no hormone, no surgery), genderless, metagender(ed), both man and woman, neither man nor woman, effeminate, feminine, female, femme-as-gender, butch, masculine, male, queer, gay, lesbian, bi, birl, byke, dyke, open, curious, asexual, sex-positive, SM, leather, BDSM, Domme, sub, slave, switch, crossdresser, en femme, in "boy mode," in "girl mode," drag king, drag queen, gender performance artist, gender impressionist, gender bender, gender blender...
Also, handicapped, disabled, handicapable, people of size, fit-at-any-size, fat-positive, size activist, positive, negative, HIV+, HIV-, Jewish, Hindu, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jew-Bu, Orthodyke, spiritual, God/dess spiritualist, leather, atheist, agnostic, principled, moral, ethical, white, black, POC, person of color, asian, amerasian, hapa, Afro-Am, brown, latina/o, chicana/o, mestizo/a, southeast asian, bi-racial, multi-racial, red, yellow, native, mixed, and an infinite more descriptors that attempt to describe the vast, overwhelming complexity of human Beings...
Any other words (knowing that words have great limitations) for your unique gender, sexuality, racial/cultural identity, spirituality (or absence thereof), physical ability, body shape, size, karyotype, physiology, class, socioeconomic status, biological age, spiritual age, artistic predisposition, level of education, profession, occupation, hobby, or anything and everything that makes up the whole of you, your gestalt, your Being, your multifaceted, Divine complexity...